Next Meeting: Monday, June 3, 2019
Meetings are held the first Monday of the month.
No meetings in January, July, or August
Time: 8:00 pm
Location: Heritage Trust Community Center in the Heritage Park, Mount Sinai, NY
All attendees (members / non-members) are asked to sign in for each meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Membership Report
- Continuing Business
- New Business
Executive Board Swearing-in Ceremony
- The elected slate of Executive Board officers for 2019-2020 is as follows: Ann Becker (President), Brad Arrington (Vice President and Corresponding Secretary), Jennifer Roth (Membership Secretary) and Monica Stone (Treasurer).
- Councilwoman Jane Bonner will attend to swear the board in and take questions from the members.
- Congratulations on Lisa Pfeffer on her election as to the Board of Trustees of the Mount Sinai School District. We thank Lisa for her years of service to the Civic and wish her the best of luck in her new position!
- Any available updates will be provided for ongoing zoning issues and projects currently underway or proposed, including the Basser Kaufman proposal for the space next to King Kullen and the Engel Burman senior housing project underway on Route 25A.
- Revision of bylaws to address changes in policies and website are underway and the revised bylaws will be posted to the website for review.
- The Civic is very grateful to Engel Burman for their generous donation of nearly $8,000 to fund the replacement of two of our welcome signs which have been damaged by storms and vandalism. Many thanks!
Miller Place Mount Sinai Historical Society Art and Garden Tour:
- The Civic is sponsoring this event, to be held on Saturday July 20th at various gardens and locations in Mount Sinai and Miller Place.
- Tickets are $10 and proceeds will support the educational efforts of the Historical Society.
- Tickets are available at the William Miller House, 75 North Country Rd, Miller Place, Saturdays from 12-2.
- Arrangements to obtain tickets can be made by calling Historical Society 631.476.5742; Garden Club 631.331.0689; Civic 631.331.4850 or purchase online at: Eventbrite
Councilwoman Bonner’s June Newsletter
- The Councilwoman issues monthly newsletter for items of note and events in our community.
- Find the June newsletter here.
- Our annual membership drive is underway – please join again this year and consider asking a friend or neighbor to become a member!
- Membership dues remain a low $15 per individual and can be doubled for community beautification!
- On-line and automatic renewal options via PayPal coming soon.
- The next Civic meeting is on Monday, September 9, 2019 (No meetings July / August)