Next Meeting: Monday, May 6, 2019
Meetings are held the first Monday of the month.
No meetings in January, July, or August
Time: 8:00 pm
Location: Heritage Trust Community Center in the Heritage Park, Mount Sinai, NY
All attendees (members / non-members) are asked to sign in for each meeting.
- Treasurer’s Report
- Membership Report
- Continuing Business
- New Business
- Any available updates will be provided for ongoing zoning issues and projects currently underway or proposed, including the Basser Kaufman proposal for the space next to King Kullen and the Engel Burman senior housing project underway on Route 25A .
- Executive Board Elections – The slate of Executive Board officers for 2019-2020 is as follows: Ann Becker (President), Brad Arrington (Vice President and Corresponding Secretary), Lisa Pfeffer (Recording Secretary), Jennifer Roth (Membership Secretary) and Monica Stone (Treasurer). The slate will be presented for a vote by the Membership.
- Tallmadge Historical Trail maintenance: The Town of Brookhaven has agreed to clear a 5’ to 6’ path for the Tallmadge Historical Trail near the golf course on Mount Sinai Coram Road at the request of the Civic and interested residents. They will be using a brush hog and other equipment. As there are numerous houses which back up on this area, there are concerns for privacy therefore the Town will be doing this work. The Civic appreciated the fast response of Councilwoman Jane Bonner and Supervisor Ed Romaine in addressing our concerns!
- Bylaw updates: Revision of bylaws underway to address changes in policies and website are underway.
- Civic Sinage: The Civic-installed Welcome to Mount Sinai signs have suffered damage from storms and vandalism. The Board has reached out to our local elected officials seeking funding to replace one or two of our welcome signs, as replacements are quire costly.
- Signage Landscaping Maintenance: Erie Brother’s Landscaping will continue to maintain the landscaping around our Welcome Signs.
- New Civic Facebook page! The Civic has created a new page on Facebook. Please “Follow” and “Like” to keep in touch.
- Our annual newsletter will be mailed to the community prior to the next meeting in June.
Miller Place Mount Sinai Historical Society Art and Garden Tour:
- The Civic is sponsoring this event, to be held on Saturday July 20th at various gardens and locations in Mount Sinai and Miller Place. Tickets are $10 and proceeds will support the educational efforts of the Historical Society.
- Our annual membership drive is underway – please join again this year and consider asking a friend or neighbor to become a member!
- Membership dues remain a low $15 per individual and can be doubled for community beautification!
- The next Civic meeting is on Monday, June 3, 2019 (Last meeting until September)